Booking Terms, Conditions and House Rules for Siskin and Coll Cabins
You will be sent a confirmation email of the booking dates, costs and number of people. Check in is from 16:00 and check out is by 10:00. Guests are expected to observe and follow these rules and may be requested to leave if they cause issues. We reserve the right to refuse entry to guests on arrival or at any time during their stay if these rules are broken. Damage or loss caused by failure to observe the rules may result in additional charges.
Cancellation Policy- Full refund for cancellations up to 30 days before check-in. If booked fewer than 30 days before check-in, full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 days before check-in. After that, 50% refund up to 7 days before check-in. No refund after that.
• The cabin is designed for couples or individuals and is not suitable for infants, children and under 18’s.
• Please respect the peace and quiet of the area, so no groups or parties. Dogs and pets are not allowed (due to sheep in the fields next to us!) and we also request guests try and minimise noise at night.
• No smoking in the cabins.
• The cabin is off grid so there is no mains electric, but you have lights and USB phone charger.
• There is a nice, clean, non smelly separator compost toilet but its important to use it properly to maintain its correct functioning which means sitting down for everyone!
• There is no mains water but a tank which is refilled as needed (approx every few days depending on usage). Hot water is heated on the hob or wood-burner.
• Guests are required to read and follow the instructions provided for the water, wood-burner and compost toilet which we’ll talk you through on arrival.
• As part of our sustainable ethos we ask that you consider minimising waste and rubbish. We will provide recycling facilities and composting.
• We request guests keep to the woodland paths to avoid trampling wild-flowers and plants and areas we are trying to regenerate.
Other information to note
• The cabin is thoroughly cleaned between bookings but we appreciate guests who leave it in a tidy condition!
• We have a grey-water soak away so request visitors try to use natural toiletries which don’t harm the environment.
• The woods are unlit, so it is advised to bring a torch!
Thank you, Clive & Julie
Black Isle Permaculture & Arts